PHOTO: Jewelers' Building

Jewelers’ Building
Architect for Facade Inspection Evaluation and Phased Restoration

Restoration of the clad landmark at 35 East Wacker Drive included research, evaluation and restoration for DUS Management. This included the reconstruction of four corner turrets, reusing original terra cotta and new structural elements.

This Chicago Landmark, designed by Giaver & Dinkelberg in the Beaux Arts and Renaissance styles was built in 1926, is 41-stories and is clad entirely in terra cotta. Ornate details include the initials JB, for the building’s original name, Jewelers’ Building. It is topped with a domed belvedere and has corner turrets on the 24th floor that artfully hid water towers.