University of Illinois: College of Medicine east
Exterior Masonry Rehabilitation and Window Replacement
MIA was architect for the rehabilitation of the east and north facades, including the tower, for brick and limestone repairs and steel window replacement. Services included research, hands-on existing conditions survey with inspection openings, analysis and recommendations, design and construction documents, and construction phase services.
The building, built under the Works Progress Administration (WPA) Program, was completed in 1936. A concrete structure with masonry cladding, it is 10 stories in height with a 15-story centrally located tower.