Architect Level I
Architect Level I (3-5 years of experience): MIA is seeking an Architect Level I for our Evanston, Illinois office to lead the development and execution of restoration, rehabilitation, and accessibility projects for a variety of market sectors including, education (higher ed and K12), local government, cultural institutions, and transportation. Fully competent architect in all conventional aspects of architecture. Independently performs a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural designs for projects of moderate size and complexity. Performs building conditions assessments and façade evaluations; planning, occupancy, and accessibility studies; and limited design layouts. Prepares project specifications; architectural construction documents for repair, reuse, and rehabilitation projects; compiles and analyzes assessment findings and recommendations. Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations from consultants.
U.S. professional degree in Architecture, plus 3-5 years of related experience to work in a small, award winning firm on renovation and preservation projects. Experience preparing architectural and design construction documents, existing condition assessments, and feasibility and accessibility studies. Knowledge of historic building construction, material repair and restoration treatments, preservation policies, and architectural industry and project delivery. Ability to work in a team environment: multi-talented; ability to effectively and professionally communicate with clients, consultants, contractors, and co-workers, verbally and in written documents, as well as basic graphic presentation skills; and Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Revit proficient. A successful candidate will have professional license or be working toward same.
Commensurate with ability.
- • Ten (10) days of paid leave for vacation, personal, or sick leave to be accrued monthly.
- • Six (6) standard holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- • Participation in corporate sponsored professional development events and activities.
- • SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with a 3% non-elective employer contribution.
- • Consideration for periodic discretionary bonuses based on firm and individual performance.
Subject Line: Architect Level I
Provide the following at the contact noted above:
• Statement of Interest
- • Resume
- • Portfolio or Sample of Work