Woman’s Club of Evanston
Window Restoration and Renovation of Two Story Porch
The Woman’s Club of Evanston, committed to preserving their landmark building, retained MIA for the restoration of 120 original wood windows and the replacement of non-original porch windows with new more historically appropriate units. Work also included porch balustrade restoration and wall repair.
Designed by architect Ernest Mayo and completed in 1913, this building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is an Evanston Landmark. All work was approved by the Evanston Preservation Commission. The project received 2011 City of Evanston Preservation & Design Award for Proper Rehabilitation/Restoration.