The University of Chicago: Swift Hall
Café and New Restrooms Sensitively Integrated
Swift Hall is the seat of the University’s Divinity School, and is home to the “Grounds of Being” Divinity café which has been remodeled with an updated look, new fixtures and finishes and added seating areas. Efforts were made to limit the impact to the historic corridors, new accessible restrooms have been sensitively introduced throughout the five story building. Replicated panel doors, custom profiled millwork, new finishes and lighting were included.
Swift Hall was built in 1926 and designed by Coolidge and Hodgdon. The Grounds of Being Café is located in the basement and is open during the academic year.