The Heritage at Millennium Park
Restoration of Four Facades in the Loop Retail National Register Historic District
These commercial five and six story facades by John Van Osdel and Otis & Clark, built between 1872 and 1916, represent the typical historic appearance of Wabash Avenue. The assemblage was restored to c1925 when the famous Blackhawk Restaurant added a terra cotta storefront. Based on extensive historic research and a conditions survey, four facades in Chicago’s Loop Retail National Register Historic District were restored and altered storefront and cornices reconstructed. The project was part of the Heritage at Millennium Park high rise development for Mesa Development headed by architects Solomon Cordwell Buenz.
Photo: Leslie Schwartz Photography