Robert R. McCormick Museum: Preservation Plan
Cantigny’s Homestead Preserved
The project included documentation, existing condition survey, and development of a Preservation Plan Report. Preservation planning recommendations addressed exterior and interior restoration while rehabilitation recommendations addressed all new building systems, the unobtrusive introduction of fire suppression systems, accessible toilet facilities, and exterior improvements for accessibility. The home of Robert R. McCormick was constructed in 1896 with extensive additions and remodeling in early 1930’s. The house became a museum and opened to the public in 1958.