Ravenswood Damen and Francisco CTA Stations
Rehabilitation of Historic Stations on the Chicago’s CTA Brown Line
Preservation consulting to Muller & Muller, P.C addressed the rehabilitation of the Francisco Station while consulting to AECOM for the historic Damen Station entailed restoration of the historic station which was incorporated into a new larger accessible station.
Constructed by the Northwestern Elevated Railroad Company in 1907, the Damen and Francisco stations represent several that were constructed of each type. The stations were determined eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places and were retained and rehabilitated to represent the historic stations. The Francisco Station Restoration received the AIA Illinois Crombie Taylor Award of Merit in 2009.
Photo, Francisco Station: Mark Ballog